I’m glad you took our quiz to see what your earnings would be if you were an independent investment banker rather than a banker working for a firm.
- The amount you would have made as an independent investment banker is:
- The additional revenue you would have made as an independent investment banker is:
- The % increase in your revenue/annual salary as an independent investment banker is:
- Your earning per hour last year were:
- Your earning per hour last year if you were an independent investment banker would have been:
So, what is an independent investment banker and why is this such a profitable model?
An independent investment banker is an individual who runs their own “solo” or “boutique” investment banking practice.
Bankers who transact deals via this model earn significantly more than bankers working at larger investment banks. This is because they earn the entirety of transaction fees they generate, rather than splitting fees with others and paying for significant overhead.
What are the key challenges of being an independent investment banker?
The challenges of being an independent investment banker include:
- Compliance. Independent bankers need a FINRA compliance platform to properly transact business.
- Tools: Independent bankers need access to tools such as legal templates, along with research & technology platforms such as PitchBook and CapitalIQ for more efficient dealmaking.
- Deal Referring: Being able to collaborate and work with other bankers and refer deals to others with more suitable investor/acquirer networks is important to achieve maximum profitability.
- Branding Choices: As a small or sole practitioner, you need a company name and website to project confidence to prospective clients.
Is there a way to overcome the challenges of being an independent investment banker?
Yes, we at GT Securities have built an independent banker affiliate program that might be a good fit for you and your business.
Currently, we have over 135 independent bankers on our platform. Over that past 24 months, these bankers have completed over $3.9 billion in transactions.
Benefits of GT Securities program include:
- Speed: Ours is a “fast” compliance platform that provides high speed, efficient turn-around on your mandates and deals.
- Cost: Our lean, technology-based model allows us to offer industry-leading payouts, where the vast majority of earned fees flow to the investment banker working the deal and not the “house”
- Best of Class Tools: Access to best-in-class and ready-to-use legal templates, along with research & technology platforms including PitchBook, CapitalIQ, IBISWorld, Hoovers & Statista, for more efficient dealmaking.
- Deal Referring: Peer networking, collaboration, and thought leadership with some of the most successful investment bankers in the industry. Allows you to profit from deals that may not be suitable for your own investor/acquirer network.
- Branding Choices: Operate, market and sell under your own brand (including turnkey banker website development) and/or under the GT Securities umbrella.
- Flexibility: A flexible broker/dealer relationship that can be discontinued at your discretion.
We would love to have a no-pressure conversation with you to tell you about our platform and how we can support your success as an independent investment banker. Simply select a convenient time to speak with us via the calendar below.